FLL Teams are comprised of:
FLL team participants, with the help of the adult coach and mentors:
• Research the real-world issue presented in the challenge.
• Design, build and program an autonomous robot using LEGO MINDSTORMS technologies.
• Research and solve a problem faced by real-world scientists and present their findings and innovative solutions.
• Compete in friendly, sports-like tournaments with the knowledge that what is discovered is more important than what is won.
• Proudly celebrate their teams’ accomplishments.
Team members learn life skills, such as respect for others, appreciation of different perspectives, cooperation, perseverance and time management. As a result of the FLL experience, participants gain confidence, discover new skills and interests, and shape their futures—as they, in turn, shape ours. Learn more about how FLL works or find out how to get involved by visiting www.firstlegoleague.org.
Get Involved >