For general questions about finding or starting a FIRST LEGO League, please begin your search at the national FLL website
. There, you will find a wealth of information for parents and prospective coaches. The answers on this page assume you are familiar with the basics of FIRST LEGO League and are searching for answers specific to Hawai'i.
Finding FLL teams in Hawai'i
- How can I find an existing FLL team for my Hawai'i child?
- contact your child's school to find out if they sponsor or support FIRST LEGO League teams as a class or after school program
- contact community organizations (Boy/Girl Scouts, 4H, home-schoolers, churches) and ask if they sponsor teams
- What if my child's school and community groups do not sponsor a FLL team?
- Consider gathering group of your child's friends together and having the parents coach for the team. Maximum team size is 10 but a smaller group of 5 - 8 may be easier to coordinate. Many parent run teams in Hawaii have been very successful.
Registering a Team:
- How do I register my team?
- What is TIMS?
- What LEGO sets are needed for a team.
- Where can I purchase the necessary LEGO Robotics sets for my team?
Hawai'i Events: Teams must sign up in advance for most FIRST LEGO League events in Hawai'i.
- Where can I see a list of Hawai'i FLL events?
- How do I sign up my team for a Hawai'i event or tournament?
- How much does is cost to sign up for an event?
Need more information?